View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 50% returns on small amounts?

50% return is not hard at all for an intelligent investor with less than $1,000,000 in his portfolio. Like i stated in my "How much money will I have in 3 years" thread, the reason why people think 50% is so hard is because these hedge funds, firms,and other extremely talented investors are happy with 20% per year. This is because they are controlling so much money (BILLIONS of dollars) that they need to diversify as much as possible. Generally, the more you diversify, the lesser the risk. The best hedge fund managers in the world (Steven Cohen, Carl Icahn)usually have 50+ stocks in their portfolios.

However, 50% returns per year for a small, but intelligent, investor is not hard. The more time you spend researching stocks, the greater chance you're going to find a stock where it is so blatantly obvious its going up.

I gave a great example of a stock i discovered a week ago, FTEK, and wrote about it with support evidence in the "How much money will I have in 3 years" thread. FTEK was up 16% today. I'm up 45% on it since last week.