View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Official February Thread: General Discussion/etc

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not changing paths. I'm just taking 3 months off from work to play full-time. I will then go back to my job. I am doing it because I am really hitting the burn-out point at work and need to take a nice long break, and also because I feel like I have not been able to come close to my potential at poker because I play so sporadically and my mind is always on other things, so I wanted to give myself the shot to see how good I can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if after 3 months you do get as good as you can be, especially profit wise, you will turn your back on this and go back to your job? i only say this as this is why i am not deferring a year, as even if it goes well, it could be a bad thing in the life-term.

as for my goals:
for feb: play as many hands as possible. only play 1-2nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

j kane,

why are you just playing 1/2?(I ask because I was doing the same thing up until this week, so curious about others who do the same)

[/ QUOTE ]

i was about to link the thread in BBV where i moaned about having won lost 4 buyins in 1,000 hands at 2-4nl when i tried to take a shot but i guess it got deleted.

basically i can beat 1-2nl for around 7 to 8ptbb/100 with mt ratio of about 7 or so and its a comfortably hourly rate.

ill move up only when i feel ready, which will hopefully be after a month of winnings lots at 1-2nl

it does suck, im a winner at 2-4nl, a winner at 3-6nl, i just dont fancy the swings at the moment.