Thread: AA turn spot
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Re: AA turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His 7.3 is based on 580-something hands. How do you know he's not really a 9-10? or a 5-6?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
580 hands is more than enough to get a pretty accurate fix on PFR percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Margin of error for a sample of 580 is plus or minus 3.4% (90% confidence interval). This means that the actual PFR could be anywhere between 4.9% and 10.7% (pretty much exactly what Yerma said).

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I should've quoted rather than replying to the post based on memory. Dropping or adding a couple of percentage points from his PFR really doesn't matter for this hand, because:
A) 88 is going to be in his range almost regardless (unless we drop it to around 5%, which I think is unrealistic based on his other numbers).
2) The overall numbers correspond almost exactly to what you'd expect from a textbook, ABC TAG player, which after a 580 hand sample means he probably is.
C) There's always an amount of uncertainty surrounding any single action in an online poker game, what with the potential for misclicks, tilt-raises, etc.

So basically, I stand by my point that it's a big enough sample to get a pretty accurate fix on PFR. I retract my implication that the original point claimed it wasn't. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]