View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: *** Official 2007 Rugby World Cup

Been away for awhile because I was busy. Happy SA won cause they were without a doubt the best side. I'm still though just amazed that in a "team sport" such as rugby that one individual, J Wilks can have such an effect. Everything just changes when he is on the field. The other teams defense changes, pack and scrum play are completely different. He may not have played the best game but honestly his presence on the field has been the difference for England in this WC and was the difference between yesterday's result and the one they had in group stage against SA. I'm pleased with this WC overall. I loved how the Pumas performed. I really hope that they are evidence enough of how countries can develop. It was not long ago that they were "minnows" and now they just won the bronze. I hope that is enough to keep the IRB from reducing the number of teams in the WC final.

In this thread there have been a number of people that have chimed in saying they were ruggers or former ruggers. Just curious, how many ruggers do we have on the boards here? Do we have enough to field a side?