View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Coaching Idea, x-posted

Finally getting around to posting, been busy for the past few days, so:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with this thread unless it causes competition/spamming amongst individual coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY stox.

[ QUOTE ]

Clear your PMs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cleared

[ QUOTE ]

I think that this is a very good idea and would be interested

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, what other sort of info should I provide? What would change you from being interested to signing up? (Etc.)

[ QUOTE ]

This sounds like what Tommy Angelo does, and everything I've heard about his coaching sounds very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, everything I've heard about his program is golden. I think it would be slightly different in that I wouldn't play live with the student, but that is always an option. (just less time efficient)

[ QUOTE ]
The only downside (which could be a big one) is that you're cramming all this stuff into your client's head in 3 days. He doesn't have time between lessons for it to 'sink in'. Having never been coached, I don't know if that's an issue or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, trying to figure out how this could be solved. The one thing I do (already) is clients who have already been with me a while (or just do a few lessons anycase) can always IM me about hands or theory. Granted sometimes I'm fairly busy and can't answer as well as if we were IN a session, but this allows some of the info to sink back.

[ QUOTE ]
\
It's hard for a lot of material to sink in over a short period of time. It's good to have a lot of handouts and material the student can take away to review later, to reinforce the coaching, and a variety of activities to do within the 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I plan to hand out some stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Frequently, the coach goes to the players instead of having the players come to the coach. A disadvantage is that you have to add the travel/accomodation costs in explicitly, and it is easier for the student to focus on one subject when away from home. An advantage is that a group of friends can hire a coach, and each can get as much out of it as he likes.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an option. I prefer my house though, obviously.

[ QUOTE ]

How does this program compare to your regular 14 hour program in terms of cost? What is the hourly for the 14 individual sessions vs. the 3 day cram session?

[/ QUOTE ]

the reg program is 2100-2800$. I dont want to call it a cram session as well, since, well, it's not exactly a cram! =)

[ QUOTE ]
Like any other live training sessions, it has its benefits and downsides. It can give a very good personal touch, since the student can interact directly. However, for poker, I think it's tough to do, as one has to play to understand some of the concepts. I always found it easy to play, and then ask a question about my play rather than ask in vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with that.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I will have the energy to fly to your place. It would be nice, if this session can be offered over Internet using some video streaming equipment. Not too hard to setup, actually. That way you can attract more people and will be cheaper for the students as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the big draw I'm trying to get across here is the personal touch. People tend to be busy, scheduling can be rough, (etc.) when dealing with sessions over the internet. Live it's another story; things are slowed down, questions are understood better.