View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: I just witnessed a shooting (killing?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am always kind of fascinated by people's reactions in times of intense crisis. Many people are just like CDC here, they just freeze up while things go on around them. Other people keep their cool 100% and do what needs to be done.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. What "needs to be done" in this situation? My only guess is run. I can't fault CDC for his actions at all. And I'm not sure what he "should" have done had he kept his cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not faulting CDC for his actions at all. CDC said:

[ QUOTE ]
i was sort of lost in a daze and couldn't really believe what was going on and me and my buddy just stood there and watched. after the fifth or sixth shot, it just dawned on me, HOLY SH!T, there's mother f*cking guns going off and we bolt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is an excellent example of what happens. 5 or 6 shots go off and you're just frozen there until your brain finally goes ZOMG LETS BOLT. There was no criticism in my comment whatsoever. Some people just don't freeze like that and are reacting before the first shot is even fired. I'm not one of them, I go dumb as hell when shtt starts going down, which is why it is interesting to me.