View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their expertise is there to guide you, to point you in the way of the information that you need. Personally, I can't imagine a scenario that I'd NOT listen to the doctor, but I shouldn't be prosecuted for it if I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd be ok with decisions to totally ignore the advice of the doctor and requisition any drug that someone felt like getting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to speak for anyone but myself, but yes.

If you think otherwise, please explain what you think makes doctors and lawyers different. I mean, more than "I don't see that being the same as writing prescriptions." WHY is that not the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree with this, unless there was somehow some random short supply problem with an important drug, then I could see how it would be important to have doctor's prescribing it when it is needed, as opposed to someone taking a pill for the flip of it.

Example (crazy example, I'm on no sleep)

Pharmacies are on an extreme shortage of codeine. Person A needs codeine because he just had back surgery. Person B wants codeine because he has a toothe ache. No competent doctor would suggest codeine for a toothe ache, but for the back surgery, it may be needed. Under this shortage, there aren't enough pills for everyone to be wasting...etcetcetc.

I don't know why there is a shortage, whatever, ya'll get the point, shyt.