View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Learning to communicate

[ QUOTE ]
WhoIam,
You may very well be right. Is there any more you can add, or is this strictly a "speak to a professional" thing?

Janelle,
It is definitely worse IRL than in a forum (for me, for the specific problem I'm talking about). Here, I can take time, write a sentence, rewrite it, organize some paragraphs, etc., with very little pressure. When a real person is in front of me, however, I can [censored] up the smoothest logic or the funniest joke on the planet. I can think of something perfectly brilliant, and never be able to explain it verbally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I see. I thought prehaps you meant slightly misunderstanding you. Do you get nervous around people and this causes you to lose your train of thought? Is it around everyone or just strangers?

It is funny that it is worse for you in the real world because for me it is MORE difficult here than in the real wolrd to express myself. I find people misunderstand me alot here but in my daily life I don't seem to have the same difficulties. i think maybe because people are more eager to attack you in the virtual world than in reality.