View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Re: AQ against scary board

[ QUOTE ]
A small club will probably fold. You are never folding out a high club though. The reason why I just call is because I want to see what falls on 4th street before I fully invest myself in this hand. It would suck to put 3 or 4 bets in on the flop just to fold it on a turned [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turns I can dump it cheap and I can really drive the action when an offsuit card falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do see what you're saying but you are presumably thinking you are miles ahead if you don't turn a club. So aren't you passing up a big edge on the flop? Let's say you call and CO calls the single bet.

Then you turn a blank. Villain checks and you bet. CO folds, villian thinks you've hit on the turn, given your lack of aggression on the flop, and folds too. I'm thinking this will happen more often than not. Okay, you win it those times, so that's cool, but you win less when you actually are ahead.

Still, I am not being critical. I took my own route to avoiding losing and it sucked a lot more than your line!

One further question though. If the turn is a club, are you without question dumping it? How sick will you be if the river is a blank, villain shows a small Q or an A that he had bet as an overcard and CO shows J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]?