View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: girls who play poker - a turn off for guys who don\'t play poker?

I used to hate all forms of gambling, and would never think to date any girl who even played scratch-offs. Actually, even if I know a girl plays scratch-offs, I am immediately disgruntled. Understand that to most people, poker is just gambling and no one wins. I try to explain to people all the time that I am not playing against the house. They can't get it through their head, and some of them have sat at a poker table. Remember that 95% of all players are losing (I say 75% on this forum).

I decided in the end that if anyone judges me for playing poker, they aren't very driven and aren't my friend, so they can take themselves on to somewhere else.

I am very proud of what I have accomplished, and if any women says that I am worthless because I play, well, they aren't worth impressing in the first place.

As a player, you need to become comfortable with what you are, and then worry about other people. I remember when I first started how I couldn't justify taking addicts money, but I got over it. We all progress at some time.