View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: girls who play poker - a turn off for guys who don\'t play poker?

[ QUOTE ]
I think most guys are sufficiently shallow that they could care less what you do for a living or whether you even have a job. Or maybe that's not shallow? I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that one changes depending how you throw the light on it.

But it's very true that men usually don't care what kind of job a woman has. In fact, men tend to marry women with worse jobs than they have themselves. Women at their own level or above are usually looking for something better.

OP, if I were you I'd worry that guys might think your poker playing is only a "pretend" job like actress, that is so often really just treading water until you find some dude to support you. This could be a turn-off.

So maybe be careful to emphasize that you have a schedule, and plans, and study the game, and financial goals you're serious about. A lot of poker players brag about how they can do whatever they want whenever they want, how balla they are and how they don't care how much stuff costs. That might look worse on a woman because an unmotivated, unrealistic woman looks like a forgotten birth control pill waiting to happen. That or easy prey. You probably don't want to look like either.