View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: GG Colorado Rockies - Widow gets playoff share

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's cool. No, I'm not sending her any money. If I stood to make an extra $362,000 in the next month and I knew her, hell yes I would. It's very nice of them all. I have no idea why for some reason I felt the need to point out that a bunch of super-rich people donating $15,000 to a widow who I'm sure really needs the money doesn't exactly make them all Mother Theresas, but there you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Coolbaugh wasn't even in the Rox organization when damn near any of those players came up (he was a new hire this year, I believe). There is NOTHING less than charitable about this whole damn thing.

As for super rich people - check the salaries of the overall roster. Almost 30-40% of that roster is making MLB minimums or barely above. But that's not the point. A bunch of players are giving a woman whose husband they barely knew (if at all), lots of monies. Don't be a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was with the Tulsa Drillers the Rockiew Double-A affiliate for 19 days after replacing Orlando Merced as the hitting coach.