View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Default some Fantasy League policy decisions (how many keepers/team, etc)

My league, which I just joined as an expansion team, transitioned this year from a snake draft w/ 4 keepers per team to an auction draft w/ unlimited keepers @ $3 yearly inflation.

some in the league are now regretting this decision, as the rules encourage rebuilding/future planning to a much greater degree than the old format, which means more owners will probably fall out of contention early ever year and become inactive owners.

(this is the 7th year of the league, tight group of college buddies, the league is going nowhere. it's a very active league with no trading restrictions. there is a loser tax, which means the 15th place team ends up paying more than the 14th place, etc, and the top 3 teams win money)

I've never played fantasy before, so my question is "which types of leagues are better - those with very flexible keeper rules and no anti-rebuilding rules, or those which place more restrictions on trading/future planning"?

is there such a thing as "better"? beyond the obvious, what are the pro's/con's of each system?