View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Why will the dollar rally?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the financials are going to have 0 or negative earnings for the next several quarters. i believe they are going much lower and a handful will go bust or get bailed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had been more specific on what you meant by the broad term "financials" I could easily refute your contention. In general it is unlikely any of them will "go bust" and earnings will continue though perhaps at a slower rate than in the past. Don't confuse earnings with loss in Cap Value.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

I am referring to any company involved with or having exposure to over the counter derivatives. That includes the main brokerages like goldman, lehman, merril, and tons of other institutions. I am not confusing loss of market cap with earnings. These stocks are going to be posting major earnings losses for the next several quarters and they are going to get slaughtered. Most already have been. They were involved in a big ponzi scheme with the foundation of it being based on suprime paper. Now that the foundation is starting to fall apart, the pyramid ponzi scheme is going to crumble. Only thing keeping them afloat now is major liquidity injections coupled with a devaluation of the dollar.