View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: B&M 3/6 AKs flops 2 pair, Fills up on turn, I just call

[ QUOTE ]
not raising because you think you are beat sucks. we lose to exactly one combination, red aces. go to war on the turn. hammer these guys for value. the pot is huge and Kx, QQ, Qx, JJ, alot of aces and naked [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s aren't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] says hi. Unlikely given the preflop action, but it technically is still a hand that beats OP.

You might be exaggerating a bit on how willing players are to call two bets cold on a paired board with a possible straight and flush out there. Depending on what sort of reads you have on the players behind you, I could see going for some overcalls with plans to raise the river.

It is also possible that BB and/or UTG have flushes and would check-raise the turn in which case you could get in a three-bet, but would just call if you raised. That potential plan reminds me a bit of a hand from a Sklansky essay where he called on the river with the nut flush because he felt certain that a smaller flush behind him was going to raise. Depends on opponents/reads, of course, but it's an idea worth considering.

If OP had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] instead, so that he is now losing to AK as well, does anyone reconsider?