View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:36 AM

Default B&M 3/6 AKs flops 2 pair, Fills up on turn, I just call

Loose, mostly passive Friday night B&M 3/6 game. This was a very unusual hand in this game and biggest pot of the session.

Main villain here was UTG+1. He played 80-90% of his hands preflop, and seemed passive both pre and post flop. I had been at the table with him for 2+ hours and I don’t think I had ever seen him raise pre or post flop. Had been winning pot with small flushes and pairs.

MP2 – passive preflop, more aggressive post flop.

UTG – mostly passive preflop, can be aggressive post flop.

I am in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls 2 cold, MP2 calls 2 cold, fold, I 3 bet, button fold, SB folds, BB calls 2 cold, UTG calls 2, UTG+1 caps it, everyone calls.

UTG+1 play seems to be screaming big pocked pair. I just don’t think he would do this with AK. I’m thinking AA or KK. I suppose it could be QQ or maybe even JJ, but I’m thinking AA or KK.

Flop, 6 players, 23 SB after rake, J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG+1 checks out of turn, UTG bets, UTG+1 now tries to raise, dealer tells him he can’t raise because he checked out of turn, so he calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, I think about raising, but I know UTG+1 is raising so I cold call (??), BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 3 bets, MP1 fold, MP2 caps it, and everybody calls.

I’m putting UTG+1 on AA or KK. MP2 may have the straight or flush/straight draw.

Turn, 5 players, 22 BB after rake, [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to UTG+1 who bets. MP2 calls, I think about raising but call (??), BB and UTG call.

Ok, so UTG+1 doesn’t have KK. That leaves AA. I thought about raising but decided no way I could fold to a 3 bet in a pot this big, so I called. I’m not really worried about the other 3 people. They are all on made flushes/straights or flush/straight draws.

River, 5 players, 27 BB after rake, [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to UTG+1 who bets, MP2 calls, I think about raising again but call, BB and UTG call.

My thinking here was the same as the turn. I couldn’t fold to a 3 bet in the pot, so I just called.