Thread: Rio Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Rio Las Vegas

I used to play at the Rio ALL the time. Before the world series they had one of the best 4/8 games in town, it was full of over rolled gamblers and was a great soft game (7 to the flop, 4 to the river almost every hand). They also had great waitresses (with some good outfits I must say), and high hand bonuses.

Before the series they had a montly freeroll for 80 hours that was very good and paid 9 places on a 30-40 person tourney.

Lately however, it has been 2-3 wild 2/5 No-limit games and that is it. Many nights there is not even a game going at all, or what is going is short handed. I don't know what happened to the room, probably just the time of year... but it is fairly gamble heavy since 2/5 is the lowest no-limit they normally spread. There are lots of regulars there so beware the sharks.

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't heard much about it other than it being the home of the WSOP...what does everyone think of the Rio? does it have a good party/lively atmosphere? Because I have heard bad things about the poker action...how are the rooms? any experiences? Because it is off of the strip, within walking distance?

[/ QUOTE ]