View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: I cannot [censored] stand this spot

I hate this spot too. It's probably one of my biggest problems right now, def w/ one overcard out there.

I like the PF call. Doesn't bloat the pot and you could be ahead, and you also hide your hand a little.

I like the flop float. I think to pull the rr you gotta have some kind of read that he'd fold. The c-bet is coming most of the time here, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a hand. He was OOP after all, more likely to have a hand. If you feel it, raise to 1100 or so.

I think on an undercard turn, I also check/call a lot of the time. If villian checks, he's likely to take another stab on the river (maybe 40% of the time) to hope to take it down since you havent shown much strength. I think this line gets more out of him, as opposed to betting to the turn and letting him fold hands you beat and call when he has you beat.

You also get to showdown cheap with a hand you're not sure of by checking turn.

I fold this river because so many things are ahead of us. Like lev said, 99 or a bluff. Especially early on, less likely to be a bluff. If he checks the river, I might try to put in a bet, but I doubt it ever gets called by stuff we beat, so I'd probably just check behind.