View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:48 AM

Default a hand vs PA, 200/400 HU

there haven't been too many interesting strategy posts in HSNL in god knows how long, so i'm volunteering a hand. depending on how good discussion gets, i may post some more.

This hand is from a session I played against him towards the end of the summer. He's very very tough heads up and loves to checkraise c-bets, more frequently than anyone I've ever played. He follows through with his entire range very, very often. He also peels very light, will float... very tough to get to fold without putting all the money in. He raises something close to 100% of the button and defends his BB way way more than he should. He calls lots of 3-bets but does not 3-bet very often himself (I'm not sure if this is indicative of him during this specific session or in general, b/c I remember seeing hands vs durr and aba way back when where he would 3-bet very light preflop).

I've been getting pretty trixy postflop but for the most part have not been hitting any good bluff catchers or found many good spots to slowplay to induce bluffs. When the money has gone in it's been pretty standard (top pair vs better top pair, top pair vs overpair, draws vs two pair, etc).

Effective stacks are 80k and I open 58cc. PA defends.

Flop is 4c6c6d. Check, I bet 1600 and get c/red to 7100. I call.

Turn Tc and he bets 16k, which is very close to pot. I call.

River 4s. He thinks for a bit and bets 45k.

Who calls, and why?

I'm curious about what people think of my flop and turn play, too.

If you fold here, what is the best hand you look him up with?