View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: (stud8) how best to handle 4th st?

[ QUOTE ]
I think that if you check, the 2,5 is usually going to bet, not the King. Even if it worked out and it checked to the King that bet, the low-draws are not likely to fold.

You're behind both ways, so I don't think it checking through "costs you anything." I think a free card would be a fine outcome.

That said, I think you are unlikely to get a free card, and since you have enough to call, I would just bet out.

I would hate to be the King in this spot. I would be very tempted to fold a pair of Kings in this spot. There is no way I'm betting them if it checks to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the BI is the most likely of our Villains to bet 4th if we check. And if they all call, which is what people are predicting, then check-raising as last to act seems like a really bad idea.

I think 3rd is a fold. But we're in the pot now so let's take advantage of catching a great card. If I'm one of the Villains, I put Hero squarely on a good 4-card low or Aces. The BI's range is a bit wider because it's only half of a small bet to call 3rd, but he probably doesn't have total crap. He can't like his hand too much if the 5 paired him with a known overpair already involved.