View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Manning stats without Harrison vs Brady

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. There are already threads about this.

2. If you think that its just Harrison missing you are crazy. The Colts have also played without their #3WR Gonzalez and didn't have Dallas Clark for the the SD game (the game that is skewing this statical sample horribly).

3. Manning is playing behind a patchwork O-line. I don't pay very close attention to the Pats line, but I doubt very seriously that they have had anything like this rash of injuries.
In the SD game the Colts had a guy at LT that was on the practice squad the week before. I seriously doubt that has ever happened before in the NFL. Guys don't come off the practice squad and protect a QBs blindside, it usually another line man moving over but the Colts were down 3 O-linemen and out of options.

4. There is a huge difference between having shoddy WRs that you've been practicing with since camp and having shoddy WRs that just started getting reps with the first team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted the whole post since it's all true, but the fact that it's taken weeks for someone else to mention #4 tilts the [censored] out of me. More people should besides Colts' fans should be mentioning this.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

did you know that moss didn't play preseason? not 1 game.

here are his stats from the first game brady and moss played together:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
REC YDS AVG LNG TD
9 183 20.3 51 1</pre><hr />

not everyone needs to play 3 years together to make it work

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a moron. no, not everyone needs 3 years together to make it work, but randy moss is the ultimate example of a receiver to whom you can just throw the ball up to. randall cunningham had a career revival with him.

so yes when one of the best QBs of all time and possibly the greatest WR of all time hook up, they just MIGHT be successful

on the other hand when you're playing with practice squad level players, it's all about timing because those guys aren't going to get open much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Randy Moss did wonders in Oakland.........

the fact of the matter is, Manning is not as good as we were once led to believe as nfl fans. At first he appeared to be a great nfl qb, but that was only when he was surrounded by pro-bowl weapons. Now that he's even missing a couple pro bowlers, he's playing like garbage. And he still has Reggie Wayne, Addai, and Dallas Clark for the most part.

Unless he is surrounded by studs, Manning is mediocre at best.

it's actually pretty sad. I feel cheated as an nfl fan but it's up to me to point out the truth... and this is it.