View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Manning stats without Harrison vs Brady

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. There are already threads about this.

2. If you think that its just Harrison missing you are crazy. The Colts have also played without their #3WR Gonzalez and didn't have Dallas Clark for the the SD game (the game that is skewing this statical sample horribly).

3. Manning is playing behind a patchwork O-line. I don't pay very close attention to the Pats line, but I doubt very seriously that they have had anything like this rash of injuries.
In the SD game the Colts had a guy at LT that was on the practice squad the week before. I seriously doubt that has ever happened before in the NFL. Guys don't come off the practice squad and protect a QBs blindside, it usually another line man moving over but the Colts were down 3 O-linemen and out of options.

4. There is a huge difference between having shoddy WRs that you've been practicing with since camp and having shoddy WRs that just started getting reps with the first team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted the whole post since it's all true, but the fact that it's taken weeks for someone else to mention #4 tilts the [censored] out of me. More people should besides Colts' fans should be mentioning this.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

did you know that moss didn't play preseason? not 1 game.

here are his stats from the first game brady and moss played together:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
REC YDS AVG LNG TD
9 183 20.3 51 1</pre><hr />

not everyone needs to play 3 years together to make it work