View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Results and Panel Comments

1) Comments on the panel's thoughts.

The panel was pretty much in line with my thought process and betting throughout most of the hand (although on the flop I advocated a bet of 75-100 to induce a call or check-raise. I stuck with a call of the small check-raise, and a bet of 500-700 on the turn. On the river I hadn't been able to decipher my opponents holding, and opted to check it down)

2) Overall play by the hero.

I think hero did fine, although I still don't like that push on the river, or any bet for that matter. Villian hasn't defined his hand enough for me to feel comfortable putting my tournament on the line. With the Queen and flush cards out, how often is 10/10 going to pay your push off?

3) How did the villain play this hand?

Villian failed to raise enough on the flop with the check-raise. Perhaps he was scared of a pair bigger than his own. His check-call when the Queen on the turn hits is 50/50, and his call of the river push is terrible)

4) Essentially, anything relating to the overall play of the hand.

I still dislike a bet or push on the river. I don't think you're getting called by worse hands often enough to make the bet valuable, and the risk for losing your entire stack (which still has value) and being eliminated from the tournament are very real here