View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Long post/rant/whine. Maybe instructional.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sooo....how do you fund this swing? you have to have gone broke multiple times now. or are you moving down all the way to like .5/1?

[/ QUOTE ]

does it matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested. If 1500 BB downswings are possible then presumably 1500 BB upswings are too? If I'd lost 1500 BB I'd be seriously considering that I'm not +EV in whichever game it is you're playing. Maybe that's just because I don't have much confidence in my poker game. But I'd be interested to know if you have dropped down in limits, and if so how far? And if you haven't, how are you so confident that you're a long-term winner in the game? I hope this post doesn't come across as snide in anyway - I really am genuinely interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a winning player for 6 years.

Since last June, when I got my new computer (and ptracker), I'm still up over 2000 bets, I'm not sure on the exact number....that's in less than one year. Of course, the problem is that i've spent (nearly) all that money.

1500 BB upswings are not rare at all. In fact, if you are a winning player, they ARE TO BE EXPECTED. That's what being a winning player is all about.

Yes, I have dropped down, to (on avg) about 15-30.

My winrate at 30/60 is still 2BB/100h, even after losing many hundreds of bets there.

I think that touches on all your questions. If I missed some, lemme know, and I'll try to get those, too.

Josh