View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: State of Greektown\'s 2/2/5 NL game

[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason that Greektown only spreads NLHE is because that's what people want to play. If there is the demand, they will spread any game, just about. The issue is the lack of demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. If this were the case there wouldn't be so many home games full of past regulars playing 20-40 thru 40-80.
The demand is there, always has been, always will be. The game selection could be fantastic, but Motor City stole the 10-20 and once or twice a week gets a 15/30 going. At a $6 rake plus $1 for the bad beat Jackpot, they can kiss my ass also. The NL at MC now has 5-10 blinds, so it's more worthwhile to me. I play all limits and all type games spread, so my issue isn't in finding a game, it's in the lack of game selection, and game expenses. The internet and home games have taken many regulars away. Trust me, I know them all and their reasons for leaving. I used to play GT and MC 5-6 days per week, until they screwed their rooms up beyond repair. Now it's maybe once a week. The Internet is the best way to go for me, although I much prefer live play.

The reason is as simple as the time charge they are getting from the NL games. $8 a 1/2 hour, and no concern about their slow ass dealers.