View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: A hand I played poorly

[ QUOTE ]
Is raising the flop here terrible? We could fold out all sorts of draws and if anybody 3-bets we can easily fold. UTG's play could be suited-connectors that hit a four-flush...I don't really know what else he could be limping with UTG and then betting out on the flop with...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - I think raising the flop here is correct. I froze up because the less aggressive guy was betting into me with the pf 3-bettor still left to act. UTG could easily have a K but could also have QT here or a flush draw. If I don't have the best hand I have 5 cards which will give me 2-pair or trips (none of which bring the flush), 1.5 outs to a bdsd (although there's a reasonable chance I'll split) and 1.5 outs to the nut bdfd. A gutshot would get proper odds to call if they were closing the action but they will have to think about the fact that UTG could 3-bet here. Pocket pairs would be incorrect to call 2 here. Finally the pot is huge, there are a lot of players in the hand, and the player to my right bet into me.

You absolutely have to call a 3-bet here if you raise but could consider folding for 2 more (although you would probably be getting huge pot odds by that point).