Thread: Bankroll Poll
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sir,

Doesn neteller count as online.

If so, i keep my entire roll online (so, 30-40 buy ins for my "main" game). once it leaves neteller though, it doesn't come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id say yes it counts as online.

Me personally, I withdraw to neteller at the end of the month then take a cheque immediately. I have an Interest savings account I keep my roll in.

But I guess for all of you who keep your roll on neteller, answer what you beleive is nessasary to keep on your regular site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, when all the money is just a couple of clicks away? I think people who treat their "roll" as "money I have on site X" really don't understand the concept of bankroll. Bankroll = money you are willing to gamble (play poker) with. If you keep $200 in site X but are willing to deposit up to $1000 more if you lose that $200, your bankroll is $1200, not $200.

That being said, my Neteller is like my business account and I withdraw to my personal funds on regular basis (to pay rent, buy food), and give myself bonuses.

Recently I cleared out most of it because I wanted to take advantage of interest, but I still keep over 70 buy-ins online to be able to take advantage of bonus whoring opportunities and just to feel safe because that's when having a downswing of 5 buyins hardly matters at all.

EDIT: oh, and I play .5/1NL, so 70 buyins isn't that much money.