View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Default 20-40 Foxwoods hand

Not as crazy as most nights, but still plenty of players who have little clue. A buddy of mine whos a very solid player is immediately to my left.

A few folds when a terrible LAG who is in every hand limps, folds to me I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], my buddy in the CO 3-bets, the button who is the worst player at table (and obviously crushing up 4 racks after buying in for 400) calls 3 cold, the sb who is pretty bad calls the 60, the bb folds, and the original limper calls. I cap, all call.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checks to me I bet, my buddy smooth calls which right away has me thinking QQ or AQ, button folds, sb now checkraises, limper folds, back to me I 3 bet to see what my buddy is going to do after smooth calling. Little surprise he caps. sb calls 2 more and I call.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks to my buddy who bets, sb calls, I take a while to see if its worth trying to hit my king on the river (since I'm not sure if the board pairing a 9 will do my any good if my buddy has AQ, and even so if it does come the best I can do is split obviously ). After a while I decide to lay it down.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb checks, my buddy checks. sb shows ATo, my buddy mucks his QQ and goes for a walk.

I'm looking for any input on how I played this hand, as I'm not sure if my fold was correct given that I'm getting a little under 14.5:1 eventhough I'll still lose 2 bets to AQ in this spot on the river sometimes. Also I'm not sure if my flop play was correct either. Any input is welcome. Thanks.