View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Tourney donk revolt - term for cash game player equivalent?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cash mule,

Watch Poker Superstars II or any other sng formatted event played by great cash game players. Cringe at the terrible late game play. In a format like PS2, I could probably list at least 5 sngers, OP included, who would be solid favorites over that group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most "famous" players play very badly in many circumstances. Plenty of famous tournament players play tournaments pretty badly at times. The way TV pros play is not indicative of how the best players play. Don't embarass yourself by trying to convince anyone that SnG poker is in any way more complicated than a cash game.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're really reading a lot into things. OP gave an example of cash game players ignoring tournament principles. My example was that of very good cash game players who ignored basic tournament principles throughout an entire series of sngs, not just 2-3 hands. It's not that they aren't able to learn it...far from it. It's that they simply chose/choose not to because it isn't necessarily relevant to their main game. Which makes their play sub-optimal in sngs. I don't think you'll find anyone, even in this forum, who thinks sngs are particularly complex or require an extreme amount of skill to play at a top level.