View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: I\'m bored too...ask ScottieK about the banking industry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Come on Scottie. That's lame stuff. We all know that banks get ripped off all the time by conmen. Give us some juicy bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the time? I doubt it. Tellers are trained to spot cons, and branch managers are consulted on transactions above a certain dollar limit. Not saying it's impossible. I think that a successful con would have to include an inside man. Tellers who try to cheat the system almost always get caught.

Did anyone see Heist (new NBC show) on Wednesday? I thought that bank robbery was pretty cool.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently worked for a bank and while there are many steps in place to stop ripping off the bank, they are easily just brushed off or "OK"ed because the manager is lazy/busy.
There was a group who had a worker in a hospital and a worker at the DMV. They were taking patients info, getting a license made with someone elses photo, then coming in and cleaning out the accounts.
One day a guy comes in wanting to make a LARGE withdrawal from both checking and savings. He was acting very shady and since it was a large limit I had to get a manager to sign-off. So I go to the managers office and tell him I think something is up and he just comes out there and OKs the transactions.
The next day..."Hey you know that guy yesterday? Yeah that was a scam."

I also worked at a bank that got robbed. The single best day I had while working at a bank.