View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Line check - Blind vs. Blind

Edit: $3 Rebuy

I don't have the HH, but I know everything because it is burned into my brain. Villain - 20k stack Me - 27k stack, tourney average around 18k.
So let me get the meta game out first, this table has been somewhat rockish recently, with the huge stack at the table ~55k getting his chips by winning set over set, winning a coinflip, and hitting a 2 outter on the river. He has turned weak-tight since these 3 hands. The table seems ripe with blinds especially because 300/600 is coming in about 1 minute. And then the bubble approaches soon after. I think the whole table thought I was very tight(because I played very tight through the 75/150, 100/200, 100/200a25) because I was card dead, and had ~25k chips so I had no reason to put money in with marginal cards. Once the blinds hit 200/400 though I started taking stabs at pots and this is when the villain moved to the table. I think I had taken down 3-4 pots since he had moved here 10 or 11 hands before, so I probably had a laggy table image to him. On to the hand

I am in the BB with A4o, and it folds around to him, he puts in a bet of 1200, I call the 800 getting ~2.5 to 1,
Flop comes AQ4r yipee I flopped 2 pair. He c-bets 2k, I feel like he hit this flop somehow, A anything, QJ, QK, or QT, maybe K4, or 45, so I minraise looking for him to come over the top with A rag, he flat calls. Pot is now ~11k, I have ~22k behind he has ~14.5k left behind.

Turn comes with a J, he again leads for 2k, this bet felt very odd, I don't know if the J helped AJ, QJ, KQ(straight draw), it also put a flush draw on the board(J4 were same suit) so now Arag suited of that suit has flush draw plus top pair. I really don't want to have to reevaulate the river and since he only had 12.5k left behind with a 15k pot(after I call the 2k and decide what to raise) I reraised him all in.

After pushing I feel like I am getting a call from AQ,AJ,QJ,Q4,J4 Arag, possibly KQ. I know I am discounting the set, but how quickly he was acting I felt confident he didn't have a set.

How many advocate raising the flop more? flat calling the turn? raising the turn less than all in? folding??

Cheers!
John

PS. A ~50k stack felt like a real dominating stack at this table, especially since the other big stack seemed somewhat weak-tight.