View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Two CallTheFloor Events in One Tourney

[ QUOTE ]
Along with almost always making bad rulings, he never balances tables, dealers will be hollering for him but he doesn't come over and take care of the problem, instead you just wait until a dealer on break happens to walk by and take care of the fact that one table has 11 players and another has 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Ain't that bad and it varies depending on who's working. I've seen many other tournaments, including some much higher buy-in tourneys, where the floor is more difficult to get hold of. And I've seen a few larger buy-in tourneys where they screwed up pretty basic stuff--things most folks on this forum would get right.

For $62 you get a pretty nice tourney at Sahara with a structure adequate to let you play poker and not 30 minutes in become an all-in craps fest. And at the 7pm event you even get a yummy free sub sammich at the first break. I ain't found a low dollar tourney I like better. But you have to take it for what it is; they turn the crank and 3 times a day a reasonable $62 tourney comes out. I think I'm getting my money's worth but when playing a $62 tourney I'm more entertainment driven than profit driven. It's +EV, but nowhere close to as profitable per hour as most any NL1/2 game.