View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Folded AK to raise PF (Standard??)

[ QUOTE ]
ok pretending that he raises top1%(people don't raise topX% hands where X is their PFR generally)

allin equity
AA 77.4
KK 22.6
AKo 18.5
AKs 23.1
QQ 18.3
JJ 18.6
65s 22.5 possibly the best hand to have in this spot vs someone who is passive

clearly everything besides AA is marginal in that spot

top2%(stove uses JJ+,1st number, QQ+ AKs 1/3rd AKo is better IMO 2nd number)
AA 79.9 82.3
KK 60.0 54.7
AKo 35.0 36.1
AKs 38.4 39.8
QQ 40.0 34.9
JJ 20.1 29.8(AK outperforms JJ unless the range gets a lot of TT-22, and not AQ type hands)

now allin equity isn't everything, but a player like this, typically extracts poorly, and pays off way too much, yeah you'll stack yourself some but anyone decent will turn a profit with AK here

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bottomset, I think you've said it best and I appreciate the time you put into explaining your viewpoint. I agree with you. I think I should have called here and taken my advantage postflop.

Reraising against such a passive player, with seemingly no fold equity, doesn't seem to give me an edge... especially considering he's calling down with a lot of his range when I miss the flop.

Someone also mentioned they had 5,000 hands on this player playing closer to 16/6 or something, so maybe I've been overvalueing the hand sample I've been given. None the less, I think I'm convinced now that a call would be correct, followed VERY closely by a fold.