View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Can very loose .25/.50 SH be beat?

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda thought that beating 2/4 EASILY means .25/.50 will be a piece of cake. It's not...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. It's just a different cake.

Tighten up preflop, a lot. At higher limits, and especially in 6max/short-handed games, you're probably raising a pretty wide range of hands to include offsuit broadway cards, suited connectors, weak/borderline aces (depending on position), etc. Those hands go into the muck from most positions on a loose/passive table, from most positions anyway. Don't feel obligated to make continuation bets every time when you whiff the flop. Do not make moves.

Every bet or raise you make in these games has to be for value, and for value only. Don't worry about your opponents wising up & not giving you action, because these kind of players don't make adjustments like that (and if they do, it's just along the lines of, "this guy always has the goods, so I'll fold my J2o to his raise. But if I have an ace, or if it's suited or connecting...").

In the most basic terms, you will win far fewer pots overall in these games than you would in tighter, more aggressive ones. But each pot you win will be much larger.