View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: I will defend my small blind....what\'s that? 4 bets you say?

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, Stox's advocates sometimes 4-betting otb against aggressive sb players with hands like KJs and KTs in order to represent and ace if one flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

This opponent, while perhaps not a mouth-breathing idiot, has most decidedly not read Stox's book.

So, time for my thoughts on the hand:

As I said, PF I decided he had TT+ or AK. I just don't see 4 bets without BIG hands in my live game that often.

On the flop when he checked, I was very confused. My first thought was "TT or JJ, 100%", but then realized he might check QQ and possibly something like Ax K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I wasn't sure because if I was him I was betting %100 of my range.

On the turn I bet out hoping to get to 3-bet, since every hand in the range I'd assigned him was behind me. Even if he 4-bet, I was confident he didn't have two clubs or KJ, since I held the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

On the rive he called my bet and tabled J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and we chopped up the pot. How on earth he doesn't bet JJ on that flop is beyond me...apparently he was a bit of a mouth-breather [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]