View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Opp just c/r\'d A high board

[ QUOTE ]
This really isn't as people think. If he's solid, he knows that he cannot c/c profitably with PP's that haven't hit a set. Therefore, he is forced to turn hands like 55 into bluffs if he wishes to call preflop. He never has A8/A2 here, and there just aren't that many combos of 22/88 at all. I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

87dd? If hero thinks [ QUOTE ]
If he's solid, he knows that he cannot c/c profitably with PP's that haven't hit a set. Therefore, he is forced to turn hands like 55 into bluffs if he wishes to call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ] I would think it would qualify as a read then and not describe him as a nit. Also there are ways to play pps, even 55 although more rare, in ways other then as a set or air. Majority of grinders imo at these stakes just set mine in these spots without a second thought.

I don't like it very much b/c no one ever folds a flush draw when they raise and this guy could have like KQdd and not want to fold, and this guy is a described as a nit and so far has no real evidence to prove that he makes any moves at all, which many dont at SSNL.