View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Should the PPA accept membership/backing from bot providers/users?

[ QUOTE ]
And since you answered one of my questions, why don't you answer another about the affiliate farm board members while you're at it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly believe that the PPA Board of Directors represents a wide array and broad range of poker players and poker playing business interests. The PPA Board even consists of one of our own (The Engineer). The area that you seem to focus on is what you refer to as "affiliate farm Board members". As distatsteful, and disconcerting as this may be to you, they still represent an interest in the very survival of poker. Bluff, you seem so very hung up on this issue that it begs the question as to what YOUR personal motivations are to eliminate these Board members from the equation? Before you answer that question, let me answer the question as to what MY motivation is as a PPA State Rep; I am passionate about poker...absolutely love the game heart and soul. I play live and online daily and I dare say that I've gone through 2 keyboards and a mouse in the process. You see, my motivation is purely for the love of the game. It isn't about money, greed or power...It's about preserving MY right to play the game that I love and the freedom to do so wherever and whenever I choose to (and if others benefit from my personal pursuit to preserve, protect and expand the rights of poker players, then that's just GREAT, too!).

When I initially came to this forum, I read yours, and many others like yours regarding the PPA, both in support of your position and those in opposition. I carefully considered your arguments and those of your opponents and then I formed my own opinion, and this is it. I weighed the pros and cons of having affiliate farm board representation of the PPA and I came to the conclusion that they, too, represent a specific interest in the poker industry and IMO, they have as much right to a seat on the Board as anyone else. Again, this is my "personal" opinion and not from my official position as MA State PPA Rep.

Listen, I'm a small fish in a big pond. I know my place. One thing I'll tell you though is; I'm no dummy. I can see the forest for the trees, and when I ask myself why it is important that the PPA BOD represent a broad range of poker players and poker industry people, I look at what they will contribute and how eager they will be to champion for the PPA mission, and it comes down to this:

No matter what a specific Board member's motivation is, and in fact despite that motivation, how much effort, time and interest will any specific Board member put in to the PPA mission is FAR more important to me than any potential gain they may derive from the success of that mission. So long as the board member(s) are championing for the same cause as I am, I could care less as to their motivations or business interest for monetary gains. The fact is, we will get to the same end result.

All of this is quite simply my opinion. Love it or hate it, I am as entitled to my opinion as you are yours. I care about results, not politics. As far as I am concerned, politics give me a headache. I just want to play poker and I don't care how we get to that point and on whose back so long as we get there. I hope this answers your question.

All In,

Randy C
MA PPA Rep