View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Talking poker outside 2p2

[ QUOTE ]
How do you talk poker to people who arent very deep into it ?

Most of my friends / family know I play but know very few about the game, when they ask if I am up or down for the day, I never really know what to answer (I play 5/10 - 10/20 limit so I have decent swings for people outside of poker). So most of the time I got away with I am up 70$ or something that sounds very reasonable.

Also I am 21 (well will be in 2h !) so most of my friend dont have a lot of disposable income and for them 100$ is a lot of money so I kinda try to avoid those discussions but they are pretty curious about me playing poker. It usually doenst bother me but I told them I had a 2k downswing in a few days and I couldnt take the stupid answer they gave me, loosing 2k didnt put me on tilt but they did.

So how do deal with this ? Do you just hide it ? Do you just avoid it by saying "yeah I am up a few" no matter what ? Or do you try to explain them ?

Not really looking for a miracle answer, just to see how people deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME SON? YOU POST HERE ABOUT TALKING POKER IN REAL LIFE, WHEN YOU SHOULD BE BANGING BREEZIES AND GETTING DRUNK IN THE CLUB THIS IS PATHETIC.