View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Late in a tourney, I\'m dealt 9 9

This min re-raising really makes me sick. I don't like pushing here. If I'm gonna do that i think stop n go is better. Call and shove on any flop. It's read dependent, if you don't know his pre-flop re-raise range 99 is weak considering normal range. But at 3.5r donkament there may be people re-raising with AJo or something but withoud a read and lower than 5$ buyin i prefer to play ABC poker and fold here. I once saw a guy re-raising with 22 but you never know.

The problem on this hand is raising 4bb pre-flop. 2.5-3bb is enough when there are antes. If you'd raised to 20k, that donk was going to re-raise you to 32k. and you can call then and re-evaluate on flop. With 56k betting pre-flop you're committed and gonna lose all your chips(or win all his chips) on that hand. It all comes back to the "always think am i willing to lose a lot of chips on this hand". And the other choice is open-shoving with 99, your effective M gives permission to it.

In that situation, if you have no read,and you think you're way better than other players I say fold here on 3$ donkament because later they will give you better situations to get chips. If not and you're tired, then "Shoot!".