View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Should the PPA accept membership/backing from bot providers/users?

Crossposted from the PPA forums a post by Engineer:

[ QUOTE ]
TheEngineer wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
TheEngineer wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
A poster on 2+2 has commented on RayBonnert's participation. Unlike some poker forums, this forum does NOT censor for ideas. We're not afraid of dissenting opinions.

We do have rules that we expect to be followed, which I spelled out for RayBonnert. He has followed them in his posts. The 2+2 poster pointed out that RayBonnert's profile violates our T&Cs. I'm unclear as to why he posted it on 2+2 rather than posting his concerns here, but we did happen to see the post.

Last night I sent RayBonnert notification that he needs to update his profile. He updated his profile, but it still did not comply. I just sent him a clarification of our requirements. He has until noon to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

He refused our requests to comply with our T&Cs, so he's permanently banned..

[/ QUOTE ]

The banned botter asked me for clarification via a PM. Needless to say, I didn't reply, but I'll share info with you all.

Earlier in this thread, I clearly stated that we do not permit links to bot promoting sites. The action of my saying this alone makes it officially part of our T&Cs. He refused to comply. Adamantly refusing to comply and then relenting at 11:59 doesn't qualify, as it took longer than that for his profile to update. By then, we deleted his posts. Too bad. Tough luck. Whatever. Regardless, my decision is final.

We don't condone bots, botters, or other cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Engineer,

Thanks for taking care of this issue and making it clear that the PPA won't condone botting.

Now why don't you come back here and work your action threads?