View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 10NL - is there value on the river? 2 hands.............

Hand 1

I don't think there is any real value on the river here. We might be ahead of some hands like AT, KT, or something like QTs/JTs given his PF hand ranges and how the hand played out, but I don't think you are going to get a lot to call you now that the four to a straight is up there. The player is pretty passive but if you do bet and he raises you (which would seem pecuilar to me given his stats) you have to fold. The player may fold a lot on the river too. So given the fact that if you bet you may A)get raised off your VB and 2)the hands that you are ahead of will fold sometimes because of the four to a straight on board seems like it is barely +EV if it is at all.

Hand 2

Do you have any more info on the vill? Is he cold-calling 3bets pretty light? If he is there could be an arguement for value betting this river. Its not the best card but the lighter he is calling 3bets PF the more inclined I would be VB. Also he is super aggro so it makes me think that he missed clubs even more. I feel like if he had Acxc and got to the river we might see a donk bet out of him (then again I could be wrong).