View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: First 10k hands stats. Looking for a bit of general advice.

Hey John, those are some pretty solid stats for your first 10,000. I basically agree with what everyone else has said so far. I think the one thing that will help pretty much all of the suggestions fall into place is being a little more positionally aware.

Opening up a bit and stealing more will raise your VPIP in late position. Playing more hands in late position also puts you in more betting/raising situations whereas being out of position puts you in more check/calling situations IMO, so playing more hands in late position will naturally up your aggression factor.

To try to even out the variance, it does look like you get into a lot of big pots, maybe some of them with small pot hands like TPTK or a weak 2 pair. Try to exercise some pot control when you have those types of hands.

I would personally tighten up in early position, although you seem to be doing just fine so far as your Won$ WSF/Went to SD/Won$ at SD numbers are almost identical in all of the non-blind positions. I would think this is a sign of someone who's well on the way to being a good hand reader so I think if you are a good hand reader you can open up A LOT from the CO and BTN, which will make your positional stats look a little more "normal."