View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: GF says \"poker\'s ILLEGAL\": fight ensues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really hate defending the south, but saying "the south is racist" is incredibly disingenuous. it's not as though racism originated from and was confined to the south.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you have to not only be the inventor of stupidity but also be the only stupid person around to be stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but people should stop singling out the south as though it was the only place.

edit: yes the south's offenses were particularly egregious, but statements like "the south is/was racist" imply that the north is/was not.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it implies the North was/is/will always be better. And that's not a racist thing; everything about the North will always be better. I'm pretty sure the previous posters weren't just thinking racism.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely different argument. i'm just trying to dispel the notion that south was only a bunch of hatemongering, hood wearing hillbilly rednecks, while the north was a paragon of tolerance and social equality.

edit: doubt any of you thought that, but personal experience has led me to become a nit about it.