View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I'm steaming I DO talk too much. That's something I need to work on but it appears to be my biggest challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your chat banned like I did, I don't think I'm ever gonna get it turned back on. It's way +EV and I think I actually tilt LESS not being able to chat and berate people.
Only thing I miss is being able to say NH, and TY when complimented by a fish who handed me money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there's definitely something to be said about this. While I have no doubt it works, I actually really enjoy chatting with people at the tables. Most of my conversation is very friendly. It's a key part of the poker experience for me and have met many great people. Only playing 5 tables I usually have time to talk a bit. Some of the people I've met even ended up becoming rakeback referrals for me later on down the road.

If somebody at the table is really polite, it's hard for me to get mad even if I know they just laid a sick one on me. It's the people who lay bad beats on me who either never talk or even worse, talk as though their play was justified, that drive me up the wall. Although the berating of donks is not uncommon for me, for the most part I'm able to keep my cool at the tables and for now will try to keep going as is. If it gets really bad perhaps I'll consider getting the chat shut off.