View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: NL25 TT overpair vs. good player, fire turn again?

Certainly no issue making a the c-bet on the flop, however I would like to see a bigger bet since you are going to have trouble getting rid of any draws with that full stack of yours and the implied odds contained therein. Plus, a bigger bet here and you have a better chance of knowing where you stand since if he's calling a larger bet with the button still to act behind him, there's a good probability you're beat already or he has a massive draw. You can also discount the idea that he's floating your c-bet since the button is still to act.

Heads up on the turn is a tough spot. Is he on a draw? Did he have a 6 already and just boat up? Prior to making the $7.25 bet did you ask yourself what he would do if he shoved? In this spot, you really don't have much clarity regarding where he stands. I guess it comes down to the larger flop bet. If you pot the flop and he calls, then I think you can check this turn - yeah, you're giving a free card but given that he is a solid player and he just flat called a PSB with a player still to act, would you think he was on a draw? Maybe, I guess, but I'd dicount that possibility.

Tough spot...others have any thoughts on this?