View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Random result grapher spreadsheet

[ QUOTE ]
This is a hell of a lot of fun. I would never think that over a 2500 game sample at 9 ROI I could run at -2 ROI. Great work OP

[/ QUOTE ]

That does seem quite insane... RVGs ROI simulator says that is extremely unlikely. Using $27s and an even finish distribution it says the chance of that happening is 0% to the nearest %. Was everything definately entered correctly? I hope this was a freak occurance and not that something isn't somehow not working properly.

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.2mt.dk/sng.xls

Nice tool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for hosting!

[ QUOTE ]
Percentage of overall or of top3 only?
For example if I have played 100 sng's, I finished 10 times 1st, 10 times 2nd and 10 times 3rd.
Do I have to put 10%, 10, 0.1 or 1?
Or do I have to put 33% (because 30 ITM, and 10/30=33.3%)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can put in the percentage of top 3, or the overall percentage, or even the actual number of finishes in each position. The actual finish distribution is then scaled based on the ROI that you put in actual ROI (keeping the ratio of 1st:2nd:3rd in the same proportion as entered).

I set it like this so that you could for example put in a 1st:2nd:3rd ratio of say 1.2:1:1.1 and then see what happens when you input different ROIs, rather than having to play about adjusting the actual finish distribution to get the ROI you want.