View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

Maybe it was just a bad day but nearly every time I raised I'd look back to find that one of the following players had called:

You (less so), GabyGaby, Timid Flower, ggandgl (he's one of the other ex-$100s), ralphd27, or Talin222 (he's another).

Then there was the inevitable float and it means that the key decisions by both parties are being made on the turn with in the region of $45-50 already invested in the pot.

These are all solid regs and probably all winning players. Why they feel the need to continuously call and float another reg is beyond me. I had a horrible day and still made 0.97bb/100 so I really don't know how they think I'm just going to donate to them and I'm sure as hell not willing to stand by and *raise, bet, check, fold*. By the end of the day I was forced to make some high variance adaptations that I'm not comfortable with but I know that I have to make them.

I know it sounds like I'm winging (and I am) but I just prefer to be able to play lots of tables and have a relatively stress few few hours and still make money. I'm confident I can still make money even with the aggro 3-better/floater type players but it's just so much more stressful and can see all your stacks yo-yo'ing so much more. Crucially I just don't see the need unless these players think they can crush my game this way? Did you get that impression?

I sometimes think these players believe they have discovered something special but it's really not that hard. Tomorrow everyone try this: wait till a player with stats of around 16/8/4 with a WTSD of 18-21% and cbet of 80%+ and an att.steel of 25%+ raises some limpers from the CO. Now flat call him in the BTN with ATC. Pause a second and call his cbet if HU on ANY board. If he checks, bet turn or if he bets raise/push turn. If you've been quiet at the table, I assure you this is a profitable play even blind to your own cards and the flop.

Now try and repeat the same move 10 times in the next hour and see where that gets you. If your opponent keeps folding he's an idiot and a license to print money. On the other hand if your opponent has any brains he'll wipe you out.