View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Small Aces in SB in Limped Pot...

I dont have enough empirical data to tell you anything meaningfull

Id say that A5 > A6 in a multiway pot. Even HU A5 > A6. (Note when you use stove it chooses A5 before A6 when expanding ranges)

But your odds are better of course multiway.

I just complete all of them no matter the odds. Contrary to what people say I think they play easy postflop. Sure they suffer from RIO but no one is forcing you to call down a turn raise on a A76T 3 flush turn in a protected pot.

As long as you dont fall in love with your TP and know how to play A3 on T73 flop 3-way you will do fine.

The quote you used in your OP is from Sklanskys book btw, right?

Remember that the advice you get in that book is for full ring live games. They consider a FR game tight if it "only" has 4 to a flop on average!!!

Todays online games are so different.

They are tougher - which means you need to push more small edges

The pots are more often HU or 3-way. Which means semibluffing, hand reading and thin valuebetting becomes more important. But it also means that RIO is less of an issue with Axo and Kxo hands.

The nutpeddling nit style advocated in Sklansky and Millers book is close to useless IMO when you get above 0.5/1 online

Go pick up Stox book and a membership to either Deucescracked.com or Stoxpoker.com