View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Small Aces in SB in Limped Pot...

[ QUOTE ]
In general, I'm looking for any excuse to fold Axo pf. OOP, I'm looking that much harder. Unplayable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking before, too, but I thought that was just due to my NL background. In LHE, it almost seems like any ace is more powerful (and/or less dangerous) than at NLH. I don't know if I'm explaining that correctly or not. I just mean that you are more likely to win with just an Ace high hand at showdown because you are more likely to SEE a SD with just ace high.

[ QUOTE ]

1) stop folding
2) ??
3) profit

Easy calls preflop. Even in high rake games

The spots were I fold is when an aggro player is in the BB who is gonna raise a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNEW there was going to be somebody good from the "Heck yeah you play those" camp!

I agree that the BB wanting to come over the top for a raise intstead of just playing nicely is a huge variable that I missed, so thanks for catching that.

Oink, you have a great " "Random Empirical Observation" "post that I have studied, and I'm wondering if you found out anything like this:

Med offsuit aces (A6-7) playing better against a single limper due to the Ace/medium kicker being enough to win, and smaller (A2-A5) aces being better multi-way due to the wheel potential or weird, 2 pair power?

Thanks again for the replys so far!