View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: river bluff vs. 2p2er

lol at armenh, let's just say that i would've described him a lot differently.

squeezing pre: i will argue all day that there's not much of an ev difference in 3betting and calling here preflop (i don't want to, i'd rather focus on the river). fwiw, i make both plays sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: The reason is that your hand loses value 3-way and you are reduced to playing for set value only, rather than decent pair value if you get heads-up, plus you just want to take it down pre OOP if you can, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want to take it down because i can't play for pair value against two guys? is that a joke? i really don't even want to entertain this. let's just say i can very much play it for pair value postflop.

[ QUOTE ]

Does villain believe you'd take this line with sets? I think this is important. If you missed your turn c/r, would you lead river or try c/r again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would do both. i won't discuss my frequencies/logic here for obvious reasons. however, i was confident at the time that the villain would give me enough credit to think that i'd never take a line with air that i wouldn't take with a set. obviously, it's possible that i was wrong, but you can never be sure about this kind of thing.